SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vt. (July 10, 2014) – FairPoint Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq: FRP), a leading provider of advanced communications in northern New England, has expanded broadband to 890 homes and businesses in Albany, Barnet, Royalton, Sharon, Clarendon, Shrewsbury, West Rupert and Sandgate, Putney and Westminster.
FairPoint’s new fiber-based, high-capacity network offers customers a better, faster way to communicate.
“Our next-generation network allows us to expand broadband service into areas with no high-speed Internet access and provide enhanced services across the state,” said Beth Fastiggi, FairPoint state president for Vermont. “Broadband availability opens the doors to the world for the residents and businesses in Vermont and is fundamental to the state’s future economic growth.”
FairPoint provides residential speed options up to 15Mbps. Broadband service on the next-generation network means customers can smoothly stream live video, play online games and upload photos and large files with ease. Reliable broadband access provides almost instant connections to information, news and entertainment.
FairPoint’s broadband Internet service will reach customers along all or portions of the following streets in:
- Albany: Bailey Hazen Road W, Center Road, Center Hill Road, Chamberlin Hill Road, Cheney Road, Cowles Road, Creek Road, Daniels Road W, Delano Road, Dyer Road, Eden Road, Goddard Lot Road, Goodrich Road, Hitchcock Hill Road, Larabee Hill Road, Locke Drive, Main Street, New Street, Old Street, Page Pond Road, Pitkin Road N, Pleasant View Drive, Route 14, Town Farm Road W, Water Street and Wyllie Hill Road.
- Barnet: Arnold Circle, Bailey Farm Lane, Blaine Drive, Bogie Lane, Cloud Brook Road, Dike Lane, Gadley Hill Road, Garland Hill, Harvey Mountain Road, Hillside Lane, Jewett Brook Road, Lakeview Lane, Macleroy Lane, Meadow Lane, Mosquitoville Road, Roy Mountain Road, Shoreline Drive, Whitehill Road and Woodland Lane.
- Royalton: Back River Road, Frary Road, Lovejoy Road, Maude Laura Lane, New Street, Old Stage Road, Oxbow Road, Parkhurst Road, Piper Lane and Urdstadt Road.
- Sharon: Broad Brook Road, Columbia Road, Fales Farm Road, Harlow Road, Honey Brook Road, Howe Hill Road, Kinney Farm Road, Leons Lane, Lyman Road, Maverick Farm Road, Moore Road, River Road, Sharon Meadows, Stilmore Road and Temple Hill Road.
- Clarendon: Beacon Heights, Beacon Heights Extension, Boynton Drive, Clarenbury Lane, Cold River Road, Colins Lane, East Clarendon Road, Northview Drive, Oakwood Lane, Pine Rock Lane, Power Line Drive and Windy Lane.
- Shrewsbury: Cold River Road, Nelson Road, Wallace Road, Wilderness Road and Upper Cold River Road.
- West Rupert: Bear Mountain Camp Road, Dole Road, East Street, Ebbenville Road, Hidden Valley Road, Kent Hollow Road, Sandgate Road and Saunders Lane.
- Sandgate: Rupert Road and Snow Road.
- Putney: Old Town Road, S Windmill Hill and Tavern Hill.
- Westminster: Abbey Road, Blackbird Lane, Burnett Road, Buttercup Lane, Church Street, Cross Road, Holden Road, Neumann Hill Road, Old Athens Road, Pine Pollen Lane, West Road, Windmill Hill Road and Woodland Path.
FairPoint has invested nearly $100 million in its network in the Green Mountain State and has added 1,100 miles of new fiber, providing high-speed access to 92 percent of its Vermont service areas. The Albany, Barnet, Royalton, Sharon, West Rupert, Sandgate, Putney, Westminster expansions were funded in part by the Federal Communications Commission’s Connect America Fund, or CAF, established in 2011 with the sole purpose to accelerate broadband buildout to the 18 million Americans living in rural areas who currently have no access to robust broadband services.
For additional information about FairPoint high-speed Internet prices and bundled plans, residential consumers can call 1.866.984.2001 or visit www.FairPoint.com.