Market Leaders Combine the Best of Linear TV and Over-the-Top Services
SAN MATEO, Calif. & ATLANTA–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Entone, a market leader in broadband video and home connectivity solutions, announced today that it is taking orders for 2Q2010 delivery of its VUDU enabled Janus Media Hub and Amulet IPTV Receiver. Entone’s new line of broadband TV devices integrates the latest VUDU technologies including VUDU Apps, a cloud platform for the delivery of Internet entertainment services, and the VUDU Movie Service, the leading HD on-demand movie service available today.
“The talk of cord cutting by consumers who want to get all their media over-the-top has reached a crescendo pitch”
Operators who deploy the VUDU enabled Janus Media Hub and Amulet IPTV Receiver will be able to offer their end-users access to over 100 apps, ranging from news services to popular Internet destinations, to VUDU Movies. Current VUDU Apps include:
* VUDU Movies, featuring the world’s largest catalog of HD movies, with over 3,000 movies, and HDX, the only streaming 1080p HD video with high resolution 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus surround sound available directly on Internet-connected televisions.
* VUDU Ticker, an Internet powered live ticker that enables the display of user specific Internet content updates over live TV
* Popular Internet destinations, such as Pandora, Dailymotion, Picasa and Flickr
* Leading news services, such as The New York Times and The Associated Press
* Popular Video Podcasts, such as Revision3 and DiggNation
“The talk of cord cutting by consumers who want to get all their media over-the-top has reached a crescendo pitch,” says Steve McKay, CEO of Entone. “Entone believes that the greatest value and experience is delivered to the consumer by enhancing today’s Pay TV services with the best that Internet media has to offer. Integrating VUDU Apps into our platform enables our customers, the operators, to offer a Hybrid TV service that gives consumers the best of all worlds: the quality and timeliness of linear HD television, the convenience of DVR, and the selection of over-the-top.”
“By integrating VUDU Apps, Entone provides its telco customers with the industry’s lowest cost integrated platform for the delivery of traditional broadcast and IP video programming, industry leading HD on-demand movie services, and rich Internet apps,” said Tony Miranz, Co-founder of VUDU. “The ever increasing number of applications on VUDU Apps ensures that operators will be able to delight their end-users for years to come.”