RIM announced the launch of a dual mode Blackberry, which will operate on both GSM and Wi-Fi networks. The new Blackberry 8820 will launch on the AT&T network. It didn’t take long for RIM to get this new device to market. We reported about the FCC approval of the Blackberry WI-Fi device on July 9th. The new 8820 Blackberry also supports unlicensed mobile access (UMA) technology, which allows for seamless roaming between GSM and Wi-Fi. Although AT&T’s plan for UMA are somewhat unclear at this point. AT&T is expected to bring the 8820 to market later this summer.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletters today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- What Skills Shortage? Stay Competitive With a Lean Workforce
- Power Users & Broadband User Trends in 2Q23
- How to Grow Your Network and Increase Subscriber Satisfaction
- Everything You Need to Know About NTIA’s Initial BEAD Funding Allocations
- How to Overcome WiFi Installation Challenges and Maximize QoE