Embarq announced the launch of EMBARQ Call Screening, which allows customers to listen to incoming voicemails in progress, and “break in” if they so choose. “In addition to the convenient services to which our voicemail customers already have access, such as being able to check messages online or from any touch-tone or wireless phone, they will now be able to monitor and screen their incoming calls,” said Dan Alcazar, Embarq Consumer Marketing Officer in a company statement. The call screening feature will be offered to voicemail customers at no additional charge.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020