Cox Communications has made the Internet of Things (IoT) a key focus area in recent years. The latest example is GearTrack, a new IoT offering from Cox 2M that enables organizations to closely track assets such as components, parts and finished goods.
GearTrack combines sensors, network connectivity and a monitoring application. Collected data integrates with enterprise resource planning (ERP), product lifecycle management (PLM) or manufacturing execution systems (MES) to drive the most efficient manufacturing and distribution process decisions.
“The manufacturing industry has always been a key driver of technological innovations worldwide and is a strong focus for Cox 2M. We’re excited to bring our industrial solution to market with a new brand name, GearTrack, while also introducing expanded capabilities,” Barak Weinisman, vice president and general manager of Cox 2M said in a press release. “GearTrack’s single sensor solution addresses the need for speed and agility, must-haves for manufacturers in today’s ever-evolving business environment.”
Cox 2M says that GearTrack:
- Delivers access to data in real-time on mobile and desktop devices.
- Tracks high-value assets by serial number or unique identifier both indoors and out.
- Monitors the movement of assets from one station to the next.
- Provides historical tracking of each asset and time spent in each zone.
- Reconciles finished goods inventory in minutes.
- Prevents work-in-progress goods from entering shipping lanes.
- Is IP67 rated.