DirecTV and Current are pushing broadband over power lines (BPL) in the Dallas market. Current has equipped 130,000 homes with the service and DirecTV is beginning to market it. Packages range from a 1.5 Mbs symmetrical connection for $20/month to an 8 Mbs connection for $35/month. No word yet on penetration figures. There has been a delay in the rollout, due to Current waiting on new electricity meters that have to be installed at each home, replacing older ones.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020