DirecTV and Current are pushing broadband over power lines (BPL) in the Dallas market. Current has equipped 130,000 homes with the service and DirecTV is beginning to market it. Packages range from a 1.5 Mbs symmetrical connection for $20/month to an 8 Mbs connection for $35/month. No word yet on penetration figures. There has been a delay in the rollout, due to Current waiting on new electricity meters that have to be installed at each home, replacing older ones.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Fiber Network Deployment: Plan Today to Fast-Track Tomorrow
- Unpacking the Historic NTIA IIJA Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Fiber Network Design: Thinking Beyond the Unserved Household
- Using GIS to Improve Your Business with Data and Analytics
- Fiber Economics: Considering the Entire Economic Equation
- Competitive Playbook