DirecTV announced the availability of its video-on-demand service on a nationwide basis. DirecTV’s VOD solution utilizes content delivery over broadband networks, as well as “pushes” content to compatible DVRs via satellite. Customers are required to have a DirecTV Plus HD DVR or R22 DVR receiver, as well as subscribe to broadband. DirecTV says the service offers more than 4,000 standard-definition and HD titles. The service has been in limited trials before the nationwide launch.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Fiber Network Deployment: Plan Today to Fast-Track Tomorrow
- Unpacking the Historic NTIA IIJA Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Fiber Network Design: Thinking Beyond the Unserved Household
- Using GIS to Improve Your Business with Data and Analytics
- Fiber Economics: Considering the Entire Economic Equation
- Competitive Playbook