DirecTV announced the availability of its video-on-demand service on a nationwide basis. DirecTV’s VOD solution utilizes content delivery over broadband networks, as well as “pushes” content to compatible DVRs via satellite. Customers are required to have a DirecTV Plus HD DVR or R22 DVR receiver, as well as subscribe to broadband. DirecTV says the service offers more than 4,000 standard-definition and HD titles. The service has been in limited trials before the nationwide launch.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020