Cricket, a subsidiary of Leap Wireless, has launched the first CDMA AWS handset in the U.S. They are using the UTStarcom CDM7126 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The handset is tri-band capable, and will be able to work in all of Cricket’s markets. The UTStarcom CDM7126 clamshell phone features external indicators, which alert users of incoming calls and messages without the need to open the phone, plus a full-color internal display, providing optimal viewing of incoming calls, messaging alerts, games and other data applications. The Bluetooth-capable wireless handset also features voice recognition, predictive text input for easy text messaging, and supports Cricket Mobile Web for browsing and downloading favorite ringtones and graphics.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020