Cox Communications is joining the rank of top-tier telecompetitors staking out claims in the multi-platform mobile broadband services landscape with the launch of Cox Mobile Connect, a mobile app that runs on Apple’s iPad and iPhone, as well as Google Android-driven devices.
The new app enables Cox Advanced TV and Telephone customers “the ability to control and manage Cox DVR and Telephone services,” Cox announced.
Available for free downloading at Apple’s App Store and Google’s Android Market, Cox Mobile Connect features include:
- Schedule recordings “on-the-fly,” anytime, anywhere
- View TV listings and home call logs
- Check voice mails and manage home phone call settings while away from home and PC
- Get help with common support issues instantly
- Receive weather alerts and school closings
- Easy access to Cox Communications’ Facebook page
Other leading cable MSOs, including Time Warner and Comcast, as well as leading telcos, AT&T and Verizon, have all recently stepped up development and release of mobile and multi-platform applications that extend their branded entertainment experience, in one form or another, to these mobile devices. Indeed, remote access, and eventually remote video playback are quickly becoming required features for a competitive entertainment offering.