Covad, a San Jose, CA based competitive services provider, announced the successful trial of WiMAX services in the San Francisco market. The trial results will lead to a commercial launch of WiMAX service later this year. Covad intends to offer a business class symmetrical 6 Mbps service, using equipment from Axxcelera. The service will initially launch in Los Angeles, Orange County and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Fiber Network Deployment: Plan Today to Fast-Track Tomorrow
- Unpacking the Historic NTIA IIJA Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Fiber Network Design: Thinking Beyond the Unserved Household
- Using GIS to Improve Your Business with Data and Analytics
- Fiber Economics: Considering the Entire Economic Equation
- Competitive Playbook