Covad, a San Jose, CA based competitive services provider, announced the successful trial of WiMAX services in the San Francisco market. The trial results will lead to a commercial launch of WiMAX service later this year. Covad intends to offer a business class symmetrical 6 Mbps service, using equipment from Axxcelera. The service will initially launch in Los Angeles, Orange County and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020