Consolidated Communications made five announcements of new markets for its symmetrical gigabit Fidium Fiber service today. The announcements, in California, Illinois, Texas, Minnesota and Pennsylvania, will bring services to about 313,700 locations in more than 28 communities. Of these, 212,700 homes will gain access next month and about 101,000 during the balance of the year.
- California: In the northern part of the state Fidium Fiber will become available to almost 100,000 households in May. Another 40,000 will have access by the end of the year. The communities are Roseville, Rocklin, Citrus Heights, Antelope, Elk Grove, Rancho Cordova, Sacramento and others. This was the largest announcement made.
- Texas: Fidium Fiber will be newly available to 91,000 homes in May. An additional 21,500 homes are expected to be offered service by the end of the year. The communities gaining service are Brookshire, Conroe, Katy, Lufkin, Montgomery, Willis and The Woodlands.
- Illinois: Fidium Fiber will be available next month to 8,700 homes. An additional 12,000 homes are expected to be offered service in the communities by the end of the year, The communities that will be offered access are Charleston, Mattoon, Shelbyville, Litchfield and Taylorville.
- Minnesota: The company says 10,000 homes in Mankato, North Mankato and Eagle Lake will be offered service later this year.
- Pennsylvania: Fidium Fiber will be available to more than 13,000 homes next month. Another 17,500 homes will get access by the end of the year. The communities targeted are Gibsonia, Cranberry Township, Mars, Saxonburg, Valencia and Wexford.
Fidium Fiber plans start at $35 per month. The symmetric gigabit service is priced at $70 per month and includes Wi-Fi equipment and installation. There are no required bundles, data caps or contracts. Subscriptions include mesh Wi-Fi with a Wi-Fi 6 gateway and as many as two extenders; the Attune Wi-Fi whole-home management app and two-hour appointment windows for installation.
The Fidium Fiber brand was introduced last November. Consolidated has been steadily rolling the service out, including throughout its heavy presence in New England. In New Hampshire, Fidium has come to Charlestown, Greenfield, Langdon and Marlow as outlined in a March announcement; Manchester, Milford and Nashua were added in January; and Fitzwilliam, Goshen, Jaffrey, Marlborough and Troy, also earlier in January.
Fidium Fiber is available in California, Illinois, Maine, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Texas and Vermont. Consolidated Communications serves consumers, businesses, and wireless and wireline customers in more than 20 states.
This post was updated to reflect the California announcement.