The latest enhancement to Comcast’s X1 platform is a deeper integration with the Pandora streaming music service. Among other things, the Comcast Pandora integration will let users control the Pandora service with their voice.
“We’re seeing explosive growth in listening through in-home devices like X1, and we’re proud to be one of Comcast’s premier online music streaming partners,” said Chris Phillips, Chief Product Officer of Pandora in a press release. “Pandora continues to harness the power of X1 in new and innovative ways from voice-activation to easy, intuitive access to music throughout the platform, bringing music to the forefront of your in-home entertainment experience like never before.”
Comcast Pandora Integration
The new Pandora integration on X1 brings customers a range of capabilities, according to a press release from the two companies:
- Ability to choose the level of service that fits their needs. Pandora Premium allows consumers to search and play any song, album, playlist or station; Pandora Plus provides access to ad-free radio stations with additional skips and replays; Pandora’s free service enables access to personalized stations.
- Quick access to their favorite music simply by saying, “Pandora” into the X1 voice remote.
- Access to specific songs, albums or playlists with simple commands like “play ‘Santa’s Coming for Us’ by Sia on Pandora.”
- Immediate Pandora playback through a simplified sign-in experience.
- Pandora integrated with search and surfaced throughout Xfinity On Demand, including within popular destinations such as music, kids and Latino and on select artist profile pages.
Pandora posted several additional benefits of the tighter Comcast Pandora Integration in the company blog:
- Pandora Premium: Search and play the perfect song, album, station or playlist on-demand for any occasion, enable auto-play so the music never ends, and listen to your greatest hits with My Thumbs Up Playlist.
- Display music on-screen with an awesome new design