August 08, 2012 — PHILADELPHIA–(BUSINESS WIRE)–According to the U.S. Census, approximately one in eight people in the United States will move over the course of the year. Comcast, one of the nation’s leading providers of entertainment, information, and communications products and services, is doing its part to help these people by announcing its Movers Edge® program. According to the Employee Relocation Council, moving ranks as the third most stressful life event. The Comcast’s Movers Edge program is designed to make a customer’s “digital” move stress-free; ensuring they can get their Xfinity TV, Internet and phone services up and running quickly in their new home. Designed for both new and existing customers, key components of the program include:
“With more than 68 percent of households having broadband access, today’s connected consumer views having Internet, cable and phone service in a new home just as much a priority as things like electricity and hot water”
- A concierge-like Movers Edge hotline where trained specialists are available to answer questions and either set up or transfer a customer’s Xfinity services.
- A variety of installation options to ensure customers are connected quickly and at their convenience, including:
- An easy-to-use self install kit
- Professional installation on the date of the customer’s preference with a new 2-hour appointment window
- Customer self-move, which enables current customers to take their equipment with them (only available in select markets)
- A number of offers for new or existing customers making a move, including discounts on Xfinity Streampix and Xfinity Home, and gift cards to help customers as they get situated in their new home.
“With more than 68 percent of households having broadband access, today’s connected consumer views having Internet, cable and phone service in a new home just as much a priority as things like electricity and hot water,” said Tom Karinshak, Sr. Vice President of Customer Experience at Comcast. “Since launching these features, we’re seeing more customers choosing to transfer their Xfinity service to their new home even before they make their move. By giving them the tools, resources and dedicated support to do this via the Movers Edge program, we’re helping ensure they get connected in their new home quickly, and at their convenience.”
Additional benefits of the Movers Edge program to further ensure relocating customers don’t miss a beat include the ability to keep their Xfinity account information intact, such as their Comcast.net email address, and where possible their Xfinity Voice phone number and saved voicemail messages. More information on the Movers Edge program can be found here, or by calling the Movers Edge Hotline at 1.855.MOV.EDGE.