Comcast will launch Gemstar-TV Guide’s broadband TV guide on Comcast’s portal site. The online guide allows subscribers to search for online video content from 55 broadcast, cable network and other major entertainment-focused Web sites, as well as from “professional grade” user generated videos. Gemstar says they have indexed over 110K user generated content clips. Each distribution partner, which in addition to Comcast includes YouTube, AOL Video, Yahoo, Brightcove, and others, creates a customized broadbandTV portal, powered by Gemstar-TV Guide’s technology.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020