Provides Mobile Access to Live TV Listings, SmartZone Email and Voice Mail, Video on Demand Movie Trailers
PHILADELPHIA–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK), the nation’s leading provider of entertainment, information, and communications products and services, today announced the launch of a Comcast mobile application – a free downloadable app for the iPhone™ or iPod touch® – that gives customers access to all of their favorite services from Comcast including a unified inbox with Comcast.net email; visual voice mail; address book synch; real-time TV listings and trailers of movies available through Comcast On Demand.
“Giving customers mobile access to the Comcast services they use everyday is particularly compelling on one of the nation’s most popular mobile platforms – the iPhone and iPod touch,” said Cathy Avgiris, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Comcast Wireless and Voice Services. “The Comcast mobile app brings together our communications, information and entertainment products in one place — and having it as a mobile download means our customers can take their Comcast services with them even when they’re not at home.”
The Comcast mobile app combines some of the best features from Comcast Digital Voice, Video and High-Speed Internet and delivers them through one of the most popular mobile application stores. Existing customers who have a Comcast.net User ID can simply download the free app and immediately have live access to their Comcast inbox and address books, in addition to the full functionality of the SmartZone Communications Center.
Among other features, the first release of the Comcast mobile app includes the ability to:
- Check Comcast email and listen to home voice mail in one combined inbox.
- Read, reply, forward and compose email as well as read attachments supported by the iPhone.
- Manage voice mail messages and call logs, view voice mail in any preferred order as well as “touch” to call.
- Forward home phone calls to the iPhone from the iPhone, view call history and manage home phone settings.
- See what’s on TV tonight, tomorrow or next week, including program details.
- Watch Video On Demand movie trailers.
- Synch all Universal Address Book contacts to an iPhone or iPod touch as well as the ability to add pictures to favorite contacts.
The full experience of the Comcast mobile app is available as an added benefit to Comcast Triple Play and existing SmartZone customers with an iPhone or iPod touch. Some of the same features are also accessible on any Web-enabled mobile device by using a browser to go to http://m.comcast.net/.
To watch a short video demonstration of the new Comcast mobile app, go to: www.comcastvoices.com or www.comcast.net/iphone.
2 thoughts on “Comcast Launches iPhone App”