Clearwire is trialing a portable WiMAX solution in Seattle, WA. The solution offers a wireless broadband enabled laptop card, similar to ones offered by Verizon and Sprint (which utilizes CDMA EVDO Rev. A technology). The cards offer download speeds of up to 1.5 Mbps and sell for $80. The Clearwire option is a portable solution, meaning it doesn’t offer true mobility and subscribers need to be relatively stationary.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletters today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Want a Better Network? Here Are 7 Design Best Practices
- There is So Much at Stake: Understanding the Value of Integrated Mapping
- Cyberattack: It’s More a Question of When, Not If
- Tribal Broadband Funding in a Time of Opportunity: How to Find Funding and Build Successful Partnerships
- The Dangers of Being a Broadband-only Provider