KIRKLAND, Wash., Apr 02, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR) today announced a major step toward application development for fourth-generation (4G) mobile Internet with plans for a “WiMAX Innovation Network” in the heart of the high-tech industry in Silicon Valley, CA. The WiMAX Innovation Network will initially cover more than 20 square miles in Silicon Valley and bring 4G wireless service to campuses of some of the world’s leading technology innovators including early participants Google Inc. and Intel Corporation. Cisco Systems, Inc. will provide core Internet Protocol Next-Generation Network (IP NGN) infrastructure equipment in support of the WiMAX Innovation Network. Service is expected to be available to developers by late summer of this year giving them a head start on commercial service launching in the Bay Area in 2010. Read More …
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020