The march continues, with Charter being the latest cable company to break the one million subscriber mark for home telephone service. Charter now reports a 10.6% penetration for residential telephony, and plans to have telephone service available to 85% of its footprint by the end of 2008. Charter announced the new telephone milestones during their fourth quarter 2007 report, which reported somewhat mixed success results. Other metrics of note include a 47% penetration of Charter subscribers who bundle at least two services. Charter also announced their intention to begin testing DOCSIS 3.0 this year, with a goal of deploying it in 2009. DOCSIS 3.0 promises to bring dramatic increases in broadband performance for cable modem technology.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020