With the acquisition of Level 3 Communications progressing, CenturyLink president and CEO Glen F. Post III announced the combined CenturyLink-Level 3 leadership team that will lead the merged information and communications network services company.
Clay Bailey will lead the Level 3-CenturyLink integration team and initiative as senior vice president, transformation. Dean Douglas will serve as executive vice president, North America enterprise, a post that holds him accountable for sales, revenue generation and employee service delivery throughout the region. Dogulas will also be responsible for the new CenturyLink’s national and business technicians.
CenturyLink-Level 3 Leadership
Joining Bailey and Douglas, Post announced the following appointments, adding in a press release that he will appoint an executive vice president/chief marketing officer at a later date. All but two – Pang and Patel – come from the CenturyLink side of the merger.
- Gary Gauba, senior vice president, chief relationship officer, who will be responsible for building strong, trust-based relationships with the C-suite executives of the company’s top customers and also will continue to lead the advanced solutions group.
- Stacey Goff, executive vice president, general counsel and chief administrative officer, who will lead the company’s legal, corporate strategy, business development and mergers and acquisitions functions.
- Aamir Hussain, executive vice president, chief technology officer and network operations, who will be responsible for product development, platforms and infrastructure and information technology.
- Maxine Moreau, executive vice president, consumer, who will be responsible for sales, marketing and service delivery for the company’s local market consumer operations in 37 states, including field technicians.
- Laurinda Pang, executive vice president, global accounts management and international, who will be responsible for sales, revenue generation and enterprise service delivery for the company’s top global accounts and for the company’s APAC, EMEA and LATAM markets.
- Sunit Patel, executive vice president, chief financial officer, as previously announced, who will be responsible for the company’s domestic and international finance and accounting functions.
- Scott Trezise, executive vice president, human resources, who will lead all domestic and international human resources functions.
- Girish Varma, executive vice president, IT and managed services, who will be responsible for technology/strategic consulting, big data, managed security services and managed hosting.
CenturyLink and Level 3 Communications shareholders approved the merger in mid-March. If all regulatory hurdles are cleared, the acquisition will transform CenturyLink into by far the most heavily business-focused of the five largest U.S. network services providers.
Some three-quarters of the combined company’s revenues (76%) would come from the enterprise-scale business and wholesale market segments, CenturyLink CFO Sunit Patel highlighted in a recent presentation. In comparison, enterprise and wholesale market revenues represent just 17 percent of AT&T’s total annual revenue.