CenturyTel announced that California, Oregon, and Virginia have approved CenturyTel’s acquisition of Embarq. That leaves only two states left of the thirty-three total needed to approve the transaction and establish the rural super carrier. The combined company will have approximately 7.5 million access lines, more than two million broadband customers and more than 400,000 video subscribers, based on data as of March 31, 2009. CenturyTel says the closing of the deal is still on track for some point in the second quarter 2009.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020