MONROE, La., March 10, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — CenturyLink continues to make it simple for businesses seeking adaptive cloud connectivity by adding IBM Cloud to its growing Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections portfolio. Through IBM Cloud Direct Link services, businesses gain the secure and reliable connections they need to accelerate their hybrid cloud strategies with IBM hybrid and public cloud offerings.
These new connection capabilities make it easy for businesses to link workloads and connect enterprise data locations. Additional benefits gained by CenturyLink and IBM Cloud customers include:
- Dedicated, private connections that are secured from any public internet access
- Low latency connectivity with consistent performance
- The ability to add and remove connections, and increase and decrease bandwidth allocation to match demand
- Usage-based billing, by the hour and month
“With this network connectivity solution, customers have control over performance and cost with powerful self-service tools that allow them to quickly and easily alter their cloud connections,” said Paul Savill, senior vice president, enterprise product and services, CenturyLink. “Extending Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections to IBM Cloud helps more businesses deploy hybrid cloud solutions and transform their network ecosystem as application and infrastructure requirements change. We provide the efficiency and scalability they need to succeed.”
Security is a top concern when it comes to enterprise cloud and data center locations. Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections protects data to and from the hybrid cloud by taking businesses off best-effort public networks and moving them to highly secure, private connections, minimizing exposure to external threats.
“We’re providing businesses the capabilities they need to accelerate their hybrid cloud strategies by providing secure, reliable connections to IBM Cloud,” said Gabriel Montanti, network product leader, IBM Cloud. “Through our Direct Link services, customers can take advantage of customizable offerings that allow them to move complex workloads, including mission critical workloads, across hybrid cloud environments to IBM Cloud. This next step in our partnership with CenturyLink will enable their global network of customers to easily access IBM Cloud and modernize their offerings to stay ahead of the competition.”
With the addition of IBM Cloud, CenturyLink Dynamic Connections is one of the most diverse network ecosystems in the industry, with access to the top cloud providers, including AWS and AWS GovCloud, Microsoft Azure and Azure Government, Google, and Oracle, plus approximately 2,200 third-party data centers.
- Learn more about CenturyLink Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections: https://www.centurylink.com/business/discover/dynamic-connections.html
- CenturyLink is in the first position on Vertical Systems Group’s 2019 U.S. Ethernet LEADERBOARD. Read the report: https://www.verticalsystems.com/2020/02/20/2019-us-ethernet-leaderboard/