CAPE CORAL, Fla., Dec. 11, 2018 – CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) is completing a fiber construction project in Cape Coral to enable 55,000 homes and businesses in the area with internet speeds up to 1 gigabit per second. The project is expected to be completed in early 2019.
Fiber gigabit speeds up to 1,000 Mbps are possible by connecting fiber-optic cable directly to homes and businesses using Fiber to the Home (FTTH) technology. FTTH technology benefits every type of user, from the serious gamer to the self-employed business owner. Additional information about fiber service and availability can be found at www.centurylink.com/powerup or by calling call (239) 215-7400.
Cape Coral key leaders comment on the benefits of CenturyLink’s gigabit broadband service:
- “As technology moves at a breakneck pace, Cape Coral welcomes CenturyLink’s infrastructure improvements for benefiting small businesses and homes alike. Considering that 60 percent of Cape Coral businesses are home-based, this technology is very timely.” – Terri Hall, Cape Coral Economic Development Interim Manager
- “CenturyLink’s investment gives Cape Coral a tremendous competitive advantage over other communities as it recruits new businesses. Fiber optic infrastructure puts us ahead of today’s standards and prepares our community for future innovations.” – Brian Hamman, Lee County Commissioner
- “We are thrilled to see CenturyLink moving Cape Coral into the future. This will have a huge impact on the infrastructure in our city and create more connectivity options for our residential and business community.” – Donna Germain, President/CEO, Chamber of Commerce of Cape Coral
“CenturyLink knows that life is powered by connections, so we are committed to using technology to help meet our customers’ personal and business needs,” said Danny Pate, CenturyLink vice president of operations. “We’re pleased to receive such positive feedback from leaders in the Cape Coral area who understand how a city benefits from fiber-optic broadband speeds.”
- CenturyLink is completing a fiber construction project in Cape Coral to enable fiber gigabit internet speeds to 55,000 homes in the area.
- Cape Coral is the 24th fastest growing city in the nation according to https://wallethub.com/edu/fastest-growing-cities/7010/#expert.
- 1 gigabit service will allow customers to quickly download content:
- Photos (5 MB) in 0.04 seconds
- Music (70 MB) in .56 seconds
- TV Shows (175 MB) in 1.4 seconds
- Movies (700 MB) in 5.6 seconds
One thought on “CenturyLink Adds Gigabit Market”
i have asked after seeing the main road and next secondary road get the fiber when it will be available. nov 2018 not in the foreseeable future was the reply. and i am in a mostly built out neighborhood only getting 6 meg paying for 45 megs