RIDGELAND, Miss.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Cellular South, the nation’s largest privately held wireless communications provider, announced the release today of one of the most advanced Android-powered touchscreen smartphones – the Motorola Milestone™.
Following on the heels of Cellular South’s record-breaking introduction of its first Android-powered touchscreen smartphone, the Motorola Milestone is the first of several new Android-powered touchscreen smartphone devices the carrier plans to offer its customers this year. Cellular South was one of the first U.S. carriers to introduce an Android™-powered smartphone with the launch of the HTC Hero™ last November.
Featuring high-speed web browsing, access to thousands of applications from Android MarketTM, voice-activated search and a 3.7” widescreen display over one of the best 3G networks, the Android-powered Motorola Milestone from Cellular South sets a new standard for speed, performance and reliability.
The Milestone features the best of both worlds with a full QWERTY keyboard, one of the thinnest in the world, and advanced touchscreen navigation integrated with built-in Google mobile services, including Google Search™, Google Maps™, Gmail™, YouTube™ and Google Maps Navigation™ BETA with voice-aided turn-by-turn directions.
- Powered by Android 2.1 mobile operating system from Google with pinch to zoom, Live Wallpapers and a full HTML web browser
- Superior call quality with CrystalTalk™ Plus that filters out background noise and enhances voice quality
- 3.7” high resolution (16:9 widescreen) screen display with 854 pixel width and more than 400,000 total pixels so you can see more of the web, e-mail, and more
- Access to thousands of apps available through Android Market™. Navigate seamlessly back and forth and keep up to six applications open and running at a time. Android Market™ currently has over 56,000 applications available for download and about 65 percent of them are free of charge.
- Full suite of Google applications including: Google Maps™, Gmail™, Google Talk™, and YouTube™
- Google Maps Navigation™ BETA, which provides turn-by-turn voice directions as a free feature of Google Maps along with live traffic, Street View and satellite imagery
- 5 megapixel digital camera with dual-LED flash, AutoFocus and image stabilization and DVD-broadcast quality advanced video record and playback (30 fps) in 16 million colors with easy 3G or Wi-Fi YouTube™ uploads
- An 8 GB memory card included (up to 32 GB capable) for storage of your favorite music, pictures and video
- When placed in its multi-media station, the Milestone transforms into a multi-media hub for movies, music, pictures and can even act as your bedside alarm clock.
- Use stereo Bluetooth® to take calls and listen to music hands-free
- Plug your favorite headphones into the 3.5mm headset jack and kick back to your favorite music or movies
Pricing and Availability
- Beginning today, the Motorola Milestone is available for sale online at www.cellularsouth.com and in Cellular South retail stores for $149.99 after a $50 mail-in reward card and with a two-year service agreement.
- To make owning the Milestone an even better experience, Cellular South has the industry’s best value for smartphones with its Smartphone Unlimited plan – the only one of its kind in the nation – that makes the enriched user experience more accessible to individuals, families and businesses. For only $59.98 a month per line for two lines, customers can talk, text, access the Web, and e-mail on the smartest network for smartphones without worrying about counting minutes, megabtyes or surprise bills.
- With better coverage, fewer dropped calls and more 3G high-speed data service, Cellular South is the smartest place to get Android smartphones and offers the best mobile broadband experience for the Motorola Milestone.
Motorola and the Stylized M logo are registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Android, Google, Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, YouTube and Android are trademarks of Google, Inc. HTC Hero is a trademark of HTC Corporation.