PETALUMA, CA – January 29, 2014 – Calix, Inc. (NYSE: CALX) today announced a new solution for the delivery of Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) Carrier Ethernet (CE) 2.0 services and LTE-Advanced mobile backhaul services by communications service providers. Composed of three main pillars, the solution is architected to address the emerging trends toward cloud-based and mobile work environments:
- Service Verify: A new Compass software application that allows service providers to stay one step ahead of their subscribers through proactive monitoring, management, and marketing of service level agreement (SLA) contracts and performance;
- The E5-308 and E5-520 Ethernet Service Access Nodes (ESANs): Two fixed form factor expansions to the E-Series line of access platforms and nodes that enable faster time-to-revenue from anywhere in the network for advanced business and mobile backhaul services; and
- Enhanced consulting services: New services that get CE 2.0 and LTE-Advanced backhaul services up and running quickly for service providers enabling new options that can transform their businesses.
This unique combination of software, systems, and services allows service providers to expand their portfolio and offer differentiated advanced business and mobile backhaul services to claim additional market share. Fully leveraging the efficiencies of a cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) model, the Service Verify application brings new levels of granularity and flexibility to service providers looking to expand revenue streams and drive subscriber satisfaction through SLA contract monitoring and management. Coupled with Service Verify, the E5-520 and E5-308 ESANs are optimized for emerging CE 2.0 applications, with ultra-high bandwidth capacity, advanced traffic prioritization, and extensive deployment flexibility.
“Carrier Ethernet 2.0 services and advanced mobile backhaul services are crucial components of our growth plans as we expand our service offerings in our traditional service areas, as well as to adjacent areas through the Teton Broadband Project,” says Ron McCue, COO of Silver Star Communications. “Service Verify complements our existing Compass implementations and allows us to proactively monitor and manage our growing business and wholesale services at a new level. The new E5 nodes give us the broadband capacity and features we need to grow our business service offerings and stay ahead of demand, while also giving us the peace-of-mind that we have a network ready for mobile expansion.”
Service Verify uses sophisticated predictive analysis techniques to give service providers advanced warning of business service and mobile backhaul circuits that are in danger of falling outside of SLA contractual commitments. This is invaluable in ensuring service performance for these high margin subscribers and building trust and subscriber satisfaction. Service Verify also provides a service portal for these subscribers, granting visibility for those who rely on the network the most. Combined with other Compass tools through Command Center to deliver one centralized subscriber view encompassing Calix and other third party devices, Service Verify software delivers a comprehensive and differentiated Ethernet service management experience.
A natural complement to Service Verify, the E5-520 and E5-308 ESANs offer state-of-the-art CE 2.0 and advanced timing support across multiple form factors and powering options. EXA Powered for rapid turn-up and provisioning, the new E5s create a network infrastructure that is agile, nimble, and responsive, enabling a faster time-to-revenue. The E5 nodes can also function individually or in complementary fashion as integrated service demarcation and aggregation switches in the network, creating powerful opportunities for CAPEX and OPEX efficiency by eliminating the need for box-on-box deployments.
The E5-520 and E5-308 ESANs also support:
- Advanced Flow Classification for predictable Quality of Service
- High-fidelity network timing for next-generation mobile backhaul service requirements
- Four 10 gigabit Ethernet (GE) ports and 20 1GE SFP Ethernet ports (E5-520)
- Four 1GE SFP Ethernet ports and four 1GE UTP RJ-45 Ethernet ports (E5-308)
- Redundant and hot-swappable AC and DC powering options
“Business services and the backhaul of the growing number of small cells are two of the most strategic areas of opportunity for service providers to grow their revenues in the coming years,” says John Colvin, Calix senior vice president of North American sales. “With this in mind, Calix built Service Verify and the new E5 nodes to help service providers differentiate themselves in this competitive market and take advantage of new revenue possibilities. We believe this combined solution of software, systems, and services will allow service providers to bring winning services to market quickly, stay ahead of emerging market requirements, and accelerate their business transformation by expanding their presence in the business and wholesale markets.”