July 25, 2011 — SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Comporium today announced that two cable television operators, NewWave Communications and Massillon Cable, who are part of the Comporium Security Dealer Program, are launching the nation’s most advanced smart home management and security system, powered by iControl.
These Connected Home system offerings from these two companies, who are part of Comporium’s list of nearly 50 cable TV, telecommunications and electric utility clients, come just in advance of The Independent Show being held here through July 27. The event is co-hosted by the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) and the American Cable Association (ACA) at the Marriott Marquis San Francisco Hotel.
“Comporium provides a unique combination of start-up support and industry contacts with innovators like iControl,” said Larry Eby, senior vice president of operations for NewWave Communications. “We want to provide our customers with a range of security services from intrusion monitoring to smoke detection to the futuristic remote home and family management features provided by the iControl OpenHouse software platform.”
NewWave Communications is a cable television, high-speed Internet, and digital telephone service provider serving Arkansas, Illinois, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina and Tennessee.
Massillon Cable TV, Inc. is a locally owned and operated communications company serving cable TV customers in Western Stark County and Central Wayne County, Ohio. Massillon Cable TV also is the parent company of Massillon Cable Communications, which also offers high-speed Internet access.
The award-winning security system sets the standards for safeguarding family and possessions, and at the same time, turns the residence into a “smart” home that can control lighting, appliances and energy.
Comporium’s dealers are growing their businesses by adding interactive home security services and other features. Comporium supports them with technical and sales know-how and its UL certified Central Monitoring Station. The Comporium Security Dealer Program also provides business application and licensing assistance, and proven training and marketing support.
Comporium’s Connected Home system centers on an interactive touch screen that provides familiar “keypad” operation as well as, web and personal content.
The development has garnered attention by followers of the “hottest technology companies” out of tech-heavy Silicon Valley, and was highlighted in the February 2011 edition of SDM (Security Distributing and Marketing) magazine. In April 2011, Unified Communications Magazine named iControl among its Product of the Year Award winners.
Downloadable applications for controlling security, video monitoring, lighting, and thermostat; as well as, for finding other web-based information and entertainment content are also offered on the touch screen. The features of the Comporium Security system include:
- Ease-of-use – Simple, attractive, “at a glance” interfaces (web, mobile web management, touch screen, and iPhone®/iPad®)
- Alerts – Email or text message alerts when events do and don’t occur
- Interactive Video – Live and event-based (e.g., door opens) video clips and pictures viewable via mobile phone, iPhone® or web portal
- Home Management – Security, lighting, video, energy, doors, and more for personal monitoring and scheduling can be controlled from mobile, web, and in-home access
- System Control — Web, mobile, iPhone®/iPad®/iPod touch® and in-home touch screen access
- IP-Enabled Home Security – “Always-On” broadband – and cellular-based network connectivity between the security system and Comporium’s central monitoring station