Electronics retailer Best Buy is launching a membership subscription service, Totaltech, that offers unlimited in-home and virtual technology tech support. The service is offered nationwide, and available to anyone, regardless of where they purchased technology products or services.
Priced at $199.99 per year, the subscription service follows the lead of other popular subscription service models like Amazon Prime. It’s an all-you-can-eat model for technology tech support in this instance.
“Technology plays an increasingly crucial role in our lives today, and each customer needs technology in a different way,” said Allison Peterson, chief customer officer at Best Buy in a prepared statement. “That’s why we created Totaltech, to not only meet all of these needs, but also to give them a heightened sense of confidence — in getting a great price, in using their tech and by knowing we have their back if something goes wrong.”
The Best Buy Totaltech subscription offers:
- Free Geek Squad tech support, available 24/7/365 on all the technology in your home, no matter where you bought it.
- Totaltech Expert Access, a VIP service with access to dedicated phone and chat teams.
- Up to 24 months of product protection on most Best Buy purchases during active membership, including AppleCare+ on Apple products.
- Free delivery and standard installation.
- Exclusive Totaltech member prices.
- 20% off labor for repairs and advanced services and 10% off labor for custom installations.
- Extended 60-day return and exchange window on most products.
- Free haul-away on most product replacements.
Best Buy is also throwing in some holiday perks for Totaltech members, including “[e]xclusive access to some of the season’s hardest-to-find products.”
Home tech support is an important issue in the broadband industry, especially as broadband operators look to improve their overall customer experience (CX). The pandemic has also contributed to this focus, given the number of people now working from home with increased tech support needs.