All eyes will be on Baltimore this Fall. Barry West of Sprint/Xohm/Clearwire announced that Baltimore will be the launch market for their WiMAX effort in September. It will make Baltimore the largest North American market for WiMAX (for the time being) and a true test of WiMAX’s capabilities on a large scale. West announced the launch at his keynote presentation Tuesday at the WiMAX Forum Global Congress in Amsterdam. The launch is somewhat behind schedule. Sprint/Xohm had targeted Spring 2008 for these initial launches. The Washington D.C. market will follow Baltimore and launch WiMAX in the fourth quarter of 2008 according to West. The details are in this telecoms.com post.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Fiber Network Deployment: Plan Today to Fast-Track Tomorrow
- Unpacking the Historic NTIA IIJA Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Fiber Network Design: Thinking Beyond the Unserved Household
- Using GIS to Improve Your Business with Data and Analytics
- Fiber Economics: Considering the Entire Economic Equation
- Competitive Playbook