DALLAS, March 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — AT&T* is making it easy for businesses to keep their customers connected with AT&T Wi-Fi – Small Site. Businesses with small locations can self-install the service to give their customers free public Wi-Fi from AT&T, while keeping their internal Wi-Fi traffic highly secure and separate.
AT&T Wi-Fi – Small Site is ideal for professional offices, restaurants and retail stores because it:
- Lets a business extend a public Wi-Fi Hot Spot to all its customers at no cost to the business or the end user.
- Includes two network names: a public network and a private network only for employees.
- Lets businesses create an additional branded Wi-Fi network for public use.
- Keeps business going in case of an emergency. Qualifying businesses can stay connected via a 4G/LTE connection. This gives them an option to keep business data flowing in case of disruption.
- Provides the added benefit of network metrics and reporting.
- Optional URL filtering that allows family-friendly web surfing.
“Wi-Fi demand is at an all-time high. People want to be connected, whether they’re waiting for their car to be fixed, shopping in a local store or sitting at their favorite café,” said Sarita Rao, president, AT&T Wi-Fi Services. “AT&T Wi-Fi – Small Site makes it simple for small businesses to offer Internet service to customers, giving businesses the freedom to focus on what they love most.”
One example of this is Oil & Vinegar, a gourmet retail franchise. “We’ve used AT&T Wi-Fi – Small Site in our first location for several weeks, and will be using it when we open our new store,” said Cheryl Kobza, owner of two Oil & Vinegar franchises in Dallas, Texas. “We believe that offering free Wi-Fi will encourage our customers to interact more with us on our social channels and we are excited to share new recipes and new ingredients while they browse through the store.”
AT&T Wi-Fi – Small Site runs on businesses’ existing connections. Qualifying businesses must use a circuit with a speed of at least 6 megabits per second. AT&T Wi-Fi – Small Site will also be offered as part of All for Less, which lets small businesses bundle services their way and choose the right services and productivity applications.
For more information, please visit http://www.att.com/small-site.