AT&T announced that it is expanding its relationship with Amazon Web Services (AWS), featuring additional capacity for meeting customers’ cloud, cybersecurity and mobility needs, with many new and upgraded offerings.
“Many of our customers are on their journey to the cloud with AWS,” said Roman Pacewicz, AT&T Business chief product officer, in a prepared statement outlining the expanded relationship. “We can offer customers a highly secure, cloud optimized networking environment.”
The expanded offerings include:
- FlexWare: AT&T FlexWare, which is now cloud-ready, can directly—and more securely—connect customers to AWS, which will enable businesses to be more agile with edge computing.
- Private Mobile Connect: AWS customers can more securely access AWS from a mobile device using AT&T Private Mobile Connect, which moves workloads from the mobile device, via the public network or through NetBond® for Cloud, to AWS. This provides secure, easy access to the cloud wherever the end user is located.
- Cybersecurity: AT&T Threat Manager enables AWS customers to proactively identify data patterns and threat activity that could affect their network and cloud environment. The technology can process up to 5 billion security events in only 10 minutes, with AT&T analyzing the traffic in near real-time coming in and out of a device, connection or application.
- Internet of Things: Earlier this year AT&T introduced a dedicated IoT Starter kit, powered by AWS. Now AT&T and AWS are exploring options to bring AWS Greengrass to the AT&T FlexWare platform, which would enable edge computing to open up new IoT opportunities for businesses.
- Cloud transformation consulting services: AT&T helps customers select cloud solutions for their business and facilitates moving their data.
AT&T complements these cloud offerings with consulting services as well, known as Cloud Transformation Consulting, which helps customers select the proper cloud solution based on their requirements.
“Business customers rely on AT&T for proven network connectivity, cybersecurity and IoT solutions,” added David Wright, AWS general manager of worldwide strategic technology partners. “These new enhancements provide our customers with the options they need to grow their businesses on AWS.”