EL SEGUNDO, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– DIRECTV and AT&T* signed a three-year extension to their commercial agreement and will continue to offer a co-branded version of DIRECTV’s satellite television service across the 22 states where AT&T offers residential broadband and voice service. This agreement, which has been extended through March 2015, will enable both companies to provide millions of customers with access to an exclusive quadruple-play bundle of AT&T | DIRECTV service and AT&T broadband, home phone and wireless voice services, as well as bundled discounts when AT&T | DIRECTV service is combined with qualifying AT&T services.
Through a separate agreement, DIRECTV also sells AT&T broadband services, including AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet, through its sales distribution channels and to existing DIRECTV customers.
“Over the past three years DIRECTV and AT&T worked together to deliver a compelling bundled service at a great value,” said Paul Guyardo, executive vice president and CMO for DIRECTV. “With this new agreement, we have a lot in the works to expand our partnership.”
“We want all of our customers to have the option to receive a complete, integrated bundle of services from us, including TV,” said Jeff Weber, vice president of video services, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “AT&T | DIRECTV service allows us to offer customers the best entertainment and communication services in areas where U-verse is not available, including compelling features that enhance their entertainment experience.”
AT&T | DIRECTV service customers have access to a variety of DIRECTV programming and services, including:
- Access to more than 170 full-time High Definition (HD) channels.
- Exclusive sports programming packages, including NFL SUNDAY TICKET™.
- DIRECTV Whole-Home DVR service, where customers can watch shows in one room and finish watching in any other room, in up to 15 rooms, all in HD with one HD DVR.
- Up to 400 of the newest movie releases, some available months before Netflix® and Redbox®—all in 1080p HD, the same format as Blu-ray™. Plus instant access to up to 7,000 VOD shows and movies at no extra charge.
- Superior television service that has received higher customer satisfaction than the leading cable companies for eleven years running according to the 2011 American Customer Satisfaction Index.