October 16, 2014 — QUINCY, Mass.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Atlantic Broadband, the nation’s 13th largest cable operator and premier Business Services provider, today announced enhancements to its Metro Ethernet service offering for businesses looking for greater flexibility, scalability and a customizable high-performance network. This service is available across Atlantic Broadband’s operating regions including Western Pennsylvania, Miami Beach, Maryland/Delaware, and Aiken, S.C.
Offered exclusively on Atlantic Broadband’s wholly owned and operated fiber network, the company’s Metro Ethernet service is a private and highly secure Wide Area Network (WAN) solution that enables businesses to seamlessly extend their networks between offices and to major data centers. With speeds ranging from 10Mbps to 10Gbps, Atlantic Broadband’s Metro Ethernet service is built to support the exploding data needs of today’s business environments without the expense or hassle of constantly adding new equipment to existing operations.
“Whether its connecting distributed operations, leveraging the latest cloud services or supporting disaster recovery objectives, access to secure, scalable bandwidth has become like oxygen to today’s businesses,” said Denise Paine, Atlantic Broadband’s Vice President and General Manager, Commercial Services. “The unique reach and power of Atlantic Broadband’s network, which is embodied in our newly enhanced Metro Ethernet service, enables us to truly partner with business customers so they can focus on their business objectives, while we take care of their networking needs.”
Atlantic Broadband Metro Ethernet benefits include:
- Tremendous scalability from 10 Megabits per second to 10 Gigabits per second that will meet business’ bandwidth needs today and into the future.
- Wholly owned and operated network backed by end-end SLAs and a highly-responsive local Atlantic Broadband team available 24/7/365.
- Flexible and customizable options that are Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) compliant.
- On-network connections to major regional and national data centers so customers can securely transport data to needed locations.
- A range of high speed transport options between data centers for even more advanced replication, data mirroring and disaster recovery applications.
“As one of America’s fastest growing family-owned and operated convenience chains with nearly 480 U.S. locations, Sheetz needed a vital and nimble communications partner to accommodate our rapid expansion, and Atlantic Broadband certainly hit the mark and continues to do so with its Metro Ethernet service,” said Bill Bowser, Telecommunications Manager, Sheetz. ”For more than a decade, Atlantic Broadband has been an ideal partner, providing us with cost-effective scalable solutions to meet our growing business needs as well as delivering seamless connectivity service to our two corporate campuses and data centers. Atlantic Broadband keeps our entire infrastructure running, and we couldn’t be happier with the dedicated support team that provides us with assistance around the clock.”