Amp’d Mobile may have seen its last days. They are notifying visitors to their website that they will be shutting down operations on July 24th, and subscribers need to port their number elsewhere. We reported in early June about Ampd’s bankruptcy, and it appears as if their run is over. Verizon Wireless, Ampd’s wholesale provider has pulled the plug on them, making their network inoperable. Like a previous failed MVNO, ESPN Mobile, we are likely to see Amp’d as a former shell of itself somewhere else, providing content for a more established wireless provider.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020