Amp’d Mobile may have seen its last days. They are notifying visitors to their website that they will be shutting down operations on July 24th, and subscribers need to port their number elsewhere. We reported in early June about Ampd’s bankruptcy, and it appears as if their run is over. Verizon Wireless, Ampd’s wholesale provider has pulled the plug on them, making their network inoperable. Like a previous failed MVNO, ESPN Mobile, we are likely to see Amp’d as a former shell of itself somewhere else, providing content for a more established wireless provider.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Fiber Network Deployment: Plan Today to Fast-Track Tomorrow
- Unpacking the Historic NTIA IIJA Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Fiber Network Design: Thinking Beyond the Unserved Household
- Using GIS to Improve Your Business with Data and Analytics
- Fiber Economics: Considering the Entire Economic Equation
- Competitive Playbook