Amazon and TiVo now offer direct downloads of Amazon Unbox movie titles to series 2 and 3 TiVo DVR’s, without the need for a PC (although a broadband connection is required). TiVo and Amazon had already partnered for the delivery of movies, but a PC was previously required. This move further illustrates the accelerating trend of Internet delivered content to the television without the need for a PC in the home and the bypass of video service providers. Consumers are increasingly able to view and interact with content that previously required a monthly video subscription. It will be interesting to watch how broadband providers, frequently who are also subscription video providers, react to this growing bypass trend.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020