Amazon and TiVo now offer direct downloads of Amazon Unbox movie titles to series 2 and 3 TiVo DVR’s, without the need for a PC (although a broadband connection is required). TiVo and Amazon had already partnered for the delivery of movies, but a PC was previously required. This move further illustrates the accelerating trend of Internet delivered content to the television without the need for a PC in the home and the bypass of video service providers. Consumers are increasingly able to view and interact with content that previously required a monthly video subscription. It will be interesting to watch how broadband providers, frequently who are also subscription video providers, react to this growing bypass trend.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Putting Partnership to Work: A Case Study of Crossbeam Broadband
- A Public-Private Partnership Success Model: A Case Study of Connect Maine Authority
- Unpacking the Historic NTIA IIJA Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Fiber Network Deployment: Plan Today to Fast-Track Tomorrow
- Fiber Network Design: Thinking Beyond the Unserved Household