Houston, Texas — August 2, 2016 –Alpheus Communications today launched its new Managed Dark Fiber Service that gives enterprise businesses access to virtually unlimited high-capacity bandwidth via a dark fiber solution designed, managed and monitored by Alpheus engineers. The new service will meet growing demand from high-data utilization businesses that need to connect their headquarters with other large operating locations, including their data center facilities.
The Managed Dark Fiber Service is designed for large businesses that want high-capacity metro bandwidth connection across two or more locations. With traditional dark fiber network implementations, significant upfront capital is spent to purchase long-term IRUs (indefeasible right of use), commonly lasting 20 to 30 years, and ongoing expenses are incurred for network maintenance and management.
Alpheus’ new offering gives businesses the option to leverage Alpheus’ fiber network expertise to implement a dark fiber network solution tailored to the individual business’ strategic growth goals.
The new Managed Dark Fiber Service offers large, regional businesses many benefits, including:
- Unmatched scalability and virtually unlimited bandwidth
- Fiber network infrastructure dedicated to the business
- Customized design to meet each business’ unique needs, from connecting two locations with a point-to-point fiber configuration or a fiber ring network with access points connecting multiple locations
- Eliminates high upfront capital costs of fiber network build-out
- Replaces long-term IRU (indefeasible right of use) agreements with flexible contract terms tailored to the business’ needs