Alltel announced the launch of EVDO Rev. A service across multiple markets. Alltel plans an initial rollout of Rev. A to 18 market areas. Rev. A download speeds average 600 Kbps to 1.4 Mbps, with bursts up to 3.1 Mbps and upload speeds average 500-800 Kbps with bursts up to 1.8 Mbps. Alltel also announced it will continue to expand its existing EVDO network, which now covers 76 percent of its potential customers. By the end of 2008, Alltel expects to cover about 82 percent of its potential customers with EVDO. The service will be priced at $59.99/month.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020