Alltel announced the launch of EVDO Rev. A service across multiple markets. Alltel plans an initial rollout of Rev. A to 18 market areas. Rev. A download speeds average 600 Kbps to 1.4 Mbps, with bursts up to 3.1 Mbps and upload speeds average 500-800 Kbps with bursts up to 1.8 Mbps. Alltel also announced it will continue to expand its existing EVDO network, which now covers 76 percent of its potential customers. By the end of 2008, Alltel expects to cover about 82 percent of its potential customers with EVDO. The service will be priced at $59.99/month.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Fiber Network Deployment: Plan Today to Fast-Track Tomorrow
- Unpacking the Historic NTIA IIJA Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Fiber Network Design: Thinking Beyond the Unserved Household
- Using GIS to Improve Your Business with Data and Analytics
- Fiber Economics: Considering the Entire Economic Equation
- Competitive Playbook