Alltel expanded their location based service (LBS) offering, through a nationwide roaming pact. Alltel LBS applications will now operate in 45 additional major markets. Alltel’s LBS applications uses a global positioning system (GPS) suite of applications including TeleNav GPS Navigator and Alltel Navigation, providing navigation tools directly on customer handsets. Additional applications include, Alltel’s WHERE application which directs subscribers to desired points of interest and Axcess Family Finder that enables parents to determine the location of their child’s Axcess Family Finder-capable phone. Roaming fees will apply.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020