In-Stat, an Arizona based market research firm, reports that its most recent cable MSO survey reveals 54% of cable operators face competition from telecom operators in the form of telcoTV. TelcoTV doesn’t always equate to IPTV. Verizon FiOS uses the same technology as cable companies for the video portion of their triple play, but delivers it over FTTH architecture. In-Stat postulates that this increased competition is driving cable companies to invest more in their networks and offer more competitive features. For example, In-Stat says that 90% of the cable companies participating in the survey report offering HDTV.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletter today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- Best Practices for Public-Private Partnerships
- OpenVault Broadband Insights (OVBI) Q420 Webinar
- Building Rural Networks with Fixed Wireless Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)
- Delivering Broadband in an Amazon and Netflix Dominated Culture: Are You up to the Challenge?
- Rural Telecommunications Benchmark Study 2020