Shaw Communications, a Canadian MSO, has launched ‘High-Speed Nitro,’ a 100 Mbps broadband service. The service was launched in their Saskatoon market, and is priced at a whopping $269/month ($249 when bundled). The DOCSIS 3.0 service offers a 5 Mbps upload speed and comes with a 200 GB monthly bandwidth cap. CED has more details. The launch begs two questions: 1) Who needs 100 Mbps of speed?, and more importantly; 2) Who’s willing to pay that much for it? I guess we’ll soon find out.
Join the Conversation
Don’t Miss Any of Our Content
What’s happening with broadband and why is it important? Find out by subscribing to Telecompetitor’s newsletters today.
Your information will never be shared with any third party.
- What Skills Shortage? Stay Competitive With a Lean Workforce
- Power Users & Broadband User Trends in 2Q23
- How to Grow Your Network and Increase Subscriber Satisfaction
- Everything You Need to Know About NTIA’s Initial BEAD Funding Allocations
- How to Overcome WiFi Installation Challenges and Maximize QoE