LITTLE ROCK, AK – Nov 19, 2012 — Windstream Hosted Solutions, one of the nation’s premier providers of enterprise-class managed hosting solutions, today announced the opening of a new Mid-Atlantic data center in McLean, Va.
The new enterprise-class Windstream data center is 65,000 square feet with 45,000 square feet of raised floor space, and is capable of meeting the most stringent, around-the-clock requirements of businesses today. The data center was designed to meet the growing demand for cloud-based and dedicated managed services, underscoring Windstream’s commitment to its nationwide customer base.
The McLean data center joins Windstream Hosted Solutions’ nationwide inventory of data centers, geographically dispersed through the U.S. to better serve its enterprise customers. Windstream opened a state of the art data center in Little Rock, Ark. earlier this year.
Designed with 2N power distribution and parallel multi-module uninterruptable power supplies (UPS), Windstream Hosted Solutions’ new data center ensures that companies have access to their servers, applications and data at all times. Whether a business chooses colocation, dedicated server, managed services, cloud computing or disaster recovery solutions, Windstream’s data centers deliver the highest level of security, safety, redundancy, reliability, scalability and technology.
Additionally, Windstream Hosted Solutions’ robust cloud computing solutions dramatically improve the efficiency and availability of IT resources and applications in organizations, allowing companies to rapidly deploy capacity without capital investments so they can reshape their environment on demand.
The Windstream McLean data center features a full array of benefits, including:
- Fully 2N A-side and B-side power distribution design with automated failover between electrical systems
- Up to 2000kVa of day 1 utility capacity scalable to 9,000kVA
- Connection to multiple Windstream core POP sites via redundant OC-192 10Gbps circuits with no single point of failure
- Fully redundant core network gear within the data center Onsite Network Operations Center (NOC), fully staffed 24 x 7 x 365, providing facilities and network monitoring, security, technical and remote-hands support
- High level of security controls including: card access system, electronic verification by Windstream Hosted Solutions personnel, biometric identity access system and video surveillance
“More than ever, organizations require the assurance that their data and infrastructure is secure, regardless of whether they are in the private or public sector,” said Kip Turco, Windstream senior vice president of data center operations. “This is especially true for those businesses that have chosen to locate some or all of their operations in the cloud. Like all of our advanced data centers, the McLean facility is specifically designed to meet those needs and to grow with our customers’ constantly changing requirements.”
For more information about Windstream Hosted Solutions, visit www.windstreambusiness.com.