As telecom carriers evolve, Carrier Evolution tracks the important developments in telecom and broadband which drive that evolution, including IP voice, unified communications, collaboration and consumer applications. Carrier Evolution offers original and curated content from external sources.
Carrier Evolution Feed
- CenturyLink Cloud Expands Canada Services July 10, 2014
New cloud node in Toronto intended to gives customers more choice and flexibility for Canadian-based cloud services.
- WebRTC: A Double-Edged Sword for TelcosJuly 10, 2014
WebRTC has the potential to enable armies of developers to create their own real-time communications apps in previously unheard-of ways.
- Metaswitch opens NFV code as Project CalicoJuly 10, 2014Another day, another SDN play UK-based network function virtualisation outfit Metaswitch has slung a chunk of its software into the open source world with the launch of Project Calico.… …
- Carrier "Next Generation Network" Initiatives Rarely are Easy, Often are Not SuccessfulJuly 9, 2014It wouldn’t be unfair to note that telecom industry “next generation network” initiatives often have failed to get traction. Integrated Services Digital Network and Broadband-ISDN (now called Asynchro …
- Will Bundles Slow Voice Line Abandonment?July 9, 2014How soon could half of U.S. homes be mobile-only for voice services? If trends tracked by the National Center for Health Statistics should remain in place, that could happen by about 2020. Some 41 per …
- Dish claims Comcast, TWC will use “choke points” to harm video competitorsJuly 9, 2014Multiple choke points. Howie Muzika Satellite TV and Internet provider Dish has asked the Federal Communications Commission to block Comcast’s proposed acquisition of Time Warner Cable (TWC), and it’s …
- What's Driving the Need for Network Agility?July 9, 2014
Mobility, the cloud, and virtualization are turning carrier networks upside down.
- Calix Launches DOCSIS Provisioning of GPONJuly 9, 2014
Fiber access vendor also announces Grande Communications as the first cable customer for its new broadband product that enables 1-Gig download speeds.
- Comcast Trials Its 'Super DVR'July 9, 2014
By connecting three X1 DVRs together, Comcast users can get ‘Super DVR’ service with the ability to watch and record up to 15 shows at once.
- Enventis Sale Illustrates Rural Telco DilemmaJuly 8, 2014Another acquisition by regional telco Consolidated Communications, which now is acquiring Enventis Corporation, formerly HickoryTech, illustrates the pattern of “growth by acquisition” for Consolidate …
- WebRTC: A Double-Edged Sword for Telcos