As telecom carriers evolve, Carrier Evolution tracks the important developments in telecom and broadband which drive that evolution, including IP voice, unified communications, collaboration and consumer applications. Carrier Evolution offers original and curated content from external sources.
Carrier Evolution Feed
- The future of broadband looks very much like cable TV. Here is why December 17, 2013There is a coming clash between the telecommunications firms and the internet giants, but it’s not just about the internet giants buying broadband underlying pipes and access technology. It’s about th …
- Report: T-Mobile Nears Verizon Spectrum DealDecember 17, 2013
T-Mobile’s thirst for low-band spectrum could be partially slaked with a Verizon 700MHz deal.
- AT&T Closes Crown Castle DealDecember 17, 2013
Crown Castle will lease about 9,000 towers, buy about 600 towers from AT&T.
- AT&T Unveils Cloud-Based M2M SandboxDecember 17, 2013
AT&T gives app and device developers tools to connect, store, and share data.
- Mediacom Builds on Backhaul BoomDecember 17, 2013Dan Templin, senior vice president at Mediacom Business, tells Light Reading’s Dan Jones about the challenges and opportunities, including cellular backhaul, associated with the provision of services …
- After deal with AT&T fizzles, San Francisco builds its own free Wi-FiDecember 16, 2013San Francisco said today that it has launched free wireless Internet on a heavily trafficked part of Market Street, “the City’s busiest and most economically diverse corridor.” The city has been aimin …
- Is LightSquared's Spectrum Worth $3.3B?December 16, 2013
A PE firm is said to be mulling a $3.3B bid for LightSquared, apparently betting that the L-Band spectrum will be worth more in the future.
- Why AT&T says it can deny Google Fiber access to its poles in AustinDecember 16, 2013grendelkhan Google’s quest to build a fiber network in Austin, Texas has hit a snag in the form of AT&T. AT&T owns about 20 percent of the utility poles in Austin, with the rest of them being owned by …
- Sprint Adds 70 Fresh LTE MarketsDecember 16, 2013
The carrier announces 70 additional LTE markets as it looks ahead to a better 2014 and rumors swirl of a merger with T-Mobile.
- Xbox Live to get original video programming early next yearDecember 16, 2013Kyle Orland Microsoft’s long-promised entry into the world of original online video programming will be coming in the first half of 2014, according to Microsoft President of Entertainment and Digital …
- Report: T-Mobile Nears Verizon Spectrum Deal