As telecom carriers evolve, Carrier Evolution tracks the important developments in telecom and broadband which drive that evolution, including IP voice, unified communications, collaboration and consumer applications. Carrier Evolution offers original and curated content from external sources.
Carrier Evolution Feed
- AT&T swamped with refund demands over “cramming” scam; FTC predicts record number of claims October 16, 2014Over 359,000 AT&T customers have already filled out an online application to obtain refunds from the company, which padded phone bills with suspect SMS charges. …
- Cisco Boasts NFV Trial With NTT DoCoMoOctober 16, 2014
Cisco does a POC NFV trial with NTT DoCoMo.
- Could Data Be the New 'Currency'?October 16, 2014
Telefonica highlights the potential for data to play a transactional role in digital lives.
- This is why Netflix loves the little ones: 75 of its kids shows have 2+ million viewersOctober 15, 2014Netflix continues to be everyone’s favorite babysitter: 75 of the kids shows currently on Netflix have attracted more than two million viewers in the U.S. alone this year, and more than… …
- Dell Dips Toe in Carrier NFV MarketOctober 15, 2014
Introduced a package of its own and partner software running on PowerEdge servers.
- Millennials Get Big Data: SurveyOctober 15, 2014
Global study reveals that the vast majority of 18-30 year olds feel in control of their personal online data.
- CenturyLink Opens Cloud Development CenterOctober 15, 2014
New facility focused on cloud platform development and innovation.
- "Growing Revenue" and "Cutting Costs" are Different; So is Customer or Employee SatisfactionOctober 15, 2014Enterprises are likely to invest three to four times more in technology aimed at growing revenue than technology to lower business costs, predicts Andrew Bartels, Forrester Research VP and principal a …
- Why Netflix 4K MattersOctober 15, 2014Why does Netflix 4K video matter? Because 4K will boost bandwidth consumption by viewers watching 4K video. Netflix says it now is shooting all its original series content in 4K format. Netflix believ …
- “It’s a terrible company”: Comcast not welcome in city, council saysOctober 15, 2014The City Council in Worcester, MA does not want Comcast coming anywhere near its residents. The cable company is seeking a license transfer from Charter as part of a customer swap that’s tied to its p …
- Cisco Boasts NFV Trial With NTT DoCoMo