As telecom carriers evolve, Carrier Evolution tracks the important developments in telecom and broadband which drive that evolution, including IP voice, unified communications, collaboration and consumer applications. Carrier Evolution offers original and curated content from external sources.
Carrier Evolution Feed
- TrueNet to Build National M2M Net April 24, 2014
M2M Spectrum Networks chooses TrueNet Communications to build out a national network to support its planned M2M applications.
- Verizon Profit Climbs in First Independent QuarterApril 24, 2014
Operating revenues in Q1 2014 $30.8B, up 4.8% year-on-year.
- You’ll soon be able to unlock a Chromebook by placing your Android phone nearbyApril 24, 2014Android phones may soon be the perfect partners for Chromebooks. A new “easy unlock” feature appeared in the latest development release of Google’s Chrome OS software, allowing for a Chromebook to be …
- Tech giants, chastened by Heartbleed, finally agree to fund OpenSSLApril 24, 2014Aurich Lawson / Thinkstock The important role OpenSSL plays in securing the Internet has never been matched by the financial resources devoted to maintaining it. The open source cryptographic software …
- Ericsson Creates Cloud & IP UnitApril 24, 2014
Creates two business units from its current Networks division as it eyes up the telco cloud and NFV/SDN markets.
- AT&T U-verse Gains Broadband, Video SubsApril 24, 2014
AT&T’s fiber-rich platform starts off year strong with healthy broadband and video subscriber gains in Q1, opening up lead on Verizon FiOS.
- Apple's strong iPhone sales crush Wall Street moneymen's tepid expectationsApril 23, 2014Plans seven-for-one stock split, $130bn capital return Despite not introducing any significant new products during the second quarter of its fiscal 2014 ended in March, Apple has announced unexpectedl …
- Washington’s revolving door: Cellular lobby and FCC have traded leadersApril 23, 2014Aurich Lawson Washington, DC, has long had a revolving door through which government officials exit to become lobbyists, and lobbyists enter to become government officials. Regulators being led by for …
- AT&T Adds Amdocs, Juniper to Cloud RosterApril 23, 2014
Vendors join Ericsson, Tail-f, Metaswitch, and Affirmed Network in the carrier’s Domain 2.0 supplier program designed to speed its move to SDN and NFV.
- Is The ChromeBook Your Next Desk Phone?April 23, 2014Is the Google ChromeBook about to become your new communications device? Is your slightly older Mac or Windows PC that can run the latest Chrome Browser able to step in and be the new desk phone? What …
- Verizon Profit Climbs in First Independent Quarter