As telecom carriers evolve, Carrier Evolution tracks the important developments in telecom and broadband which drive that evolution, including IP voice, unified communications, collaboration and consumer applications. Carrier Evolution offers original and curated content from external sources.
Carrier Evolution Feed
- One sixth of the ENTIRE PLANET will buy a new smartphone this year September 16, 20141. Make cheap mobe. 2. ???? 3. WORLD DOMINATION One in six human beings are set to buy a new smartphone this year, Juniper has predicted, with the sales surge driven by the availablilty of mobes which …
- Roku sells 10 million players in the U.S.September 16, 2014Roku has sold 10 million streaming players since launching in 2008, the company is set to announce Tuesday. Roku owners stream a total of 37 million hours of video and audio… …
- Apple gives fanbois The Sweetest Thing: A delete button for that U2 albumSeptember 15, 2014Hey Bono, we have found what we’re looking for It’s a Beautiful Day: Apple has created a utility to remove U2′s Songs of Innocence album that was force-fed into people’s iCloud libraries overnight.… …
- AT&T Releases Global SIM That Supports Multiple OperatorsSeptember 15, 2014
Enhanced Global SIM meets GSMA specifications for multiple operator profiles on a single SIM.
- Permanently Lower U.S. Mobile Prices Among Likely Outcomes of Current Mobile Price WarSeptember 15, 2014When all is said and done, when the current marketing mobile marketing war has ended, and when some major acquisitions have been approved or denied, when the U.S. cable industry makes its first “owned …
- Brocade Buys NFV Management SmartsSeptember 15, 2014
Brocade continues to craft its service provider NFV offerings with the addition of network visibility and analytics tech.
- HBO Braces to Battle Netflix in EuropeSeptember 15, 2014
HBO Europe aims to integrate its HBO GO streaming video service with existing pay-TV set-tops by inking a deal with ActiveVideo Networks for cloud-based distribution.
- Competitive Implications of Seamless Call Handoff Between Wi-Fi and MobileSeptember 15, 2014Perhaps oddly, the ability to initiate a phone call from a Wi-Fi hotspot, with seamless handoff to the mobile network, is in the U.S. market, less about reducing the cost of calling (at least for dome …
- AT&T to Launch WiFi Calling in 2015September 12, 2014
Despite its big investment in WiFi, AT&T’s Ralph de la Vega doesn’t see as big a need for WiFi calling as its competitors.
- Poll: G.fast Yet to ConvinceSeptember 12, 2014
- Roku sells 10 million players in the U.S.