As telecom carriers evolve, Carrier Evolution tracks the important developments in telecom and broadband which drive that evolution, including IP voice, unified communications, collaboration and consumer applications. Carrier Evolution offers original and curated content from external sources.
Carrier Evolution Feed
- Bigger is bigger: Apple sells record 10M iPhone 6, 6 Plus handsets in first weekend, sans China September 22, 2014Even without China, Apple set a new weekend sales record for its newest iPhones with 10 million handsets sold. Last year’s model hit 9 million in the first three days, showing… …
- WBA: 12 Carriers Deploying Hotspot 2.0September 22, 2014
Deployment of Next Generation Hotspot (NGH) and Passpoint network equipment and devices becoming increasingly mainstream.
- Cable's Great Debate: How to Split FunctionsSeptember 22, 2014
Distributed architecture promises to be one of the hottest topics at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2014, but not everyone agrees on the right way to carry it out.
- Alibaba raises over $21 billion, making it the biggest IPO ever in the USSeptember 19, 2014Charles Chan When Alibaba stopped trading its shares on Friday, the Chinese e-commerce company had officially logged the biggest Initial Public Offering (IPO) in US history, raising $21.8 billion in i …
- T-Mobile, GCI Ink LTE Roaming DealSeptember 19, 2014
Playing catchup ball, T-Mobile strikes its first US LTE roaming deal with Alaskan cable and telecom provider GCI.
- Operators: Leverage Advantages Over OTTsSeptember 19, 2014
Operators should leverage their network, QoS, billing and big data to compete against OTT players with both consumer and enterprise offers.
- Apple fans and resellers line up for the iPhone 6September 19, 2014The line outside Apple’s Grand Central location stretched around two sides of the block. Most of those lining up appeared to plan to resell their new iPhones for a profit, but… …
- LTE Multicast Gets Liked By FacebookSeptember 19, 2014
But content providers are less sure there is a business model for the live broadcasting technology over LTE.
- My First HD Voice Over Mobile CallSeptember 19, 2014You have to hand it to T-Mobile and Apple. The Apple iOS 8 update includes updates that enable both VoLTE and HD Voice for users of the iPhone 5C, 5S and starting tomorrow, the 6 and 6 Plus smartphone …
- Sprint’s newest gadget lets you route mobile calls over a wired phoneSeptember 19, 2014There are still a lot of people who want to talk on traditional phones at home, but don’t see the point in maintaing separate home and mobile numbers. Now Sprint is… …
- WBA: 12 Carriers Deploying Hotspot 2.0