As telecom carriers evolve, Carrier Evolution tracks the important developments in telecom and broadband which drive that evolution, including IP voice, unified communications, collaboration and consumer applications. Carrier Evolution offers original and curated content from external sources.
Carrier Evolution Feed
- Alianza, GLDS Partner for Cloud VoIP Solution September 23, 2014
Partnership aims to simplify VoIP management and reduce cost of delivering voice services.
- Comcast Eyes Augmented Reality TechSeptember 23, 2014
Comcast is looking at Metaio’s Augmented Reality technology for possible use in future customer support apps.
- Carrier-Grade WiFi Still 2 Years Away – CableLabsSeptember 23, 2014
Industry organizations are defining the requirements for carrier-grade WiFi, which will make managing WiFi networks more like managing cellular ones.
- Is AT&T DirecTV Acqusition a Big Mistake, a Clear Win, or a Deal of Unknown Ultimate Impact?September 22, 2014Some critics believe AT&T should not attempt to buy DirecTV. Some might say the deal was a reaction to the Comcast proposed acquisition of Time Warner Cable and will not provide enough synergies to dr …
- Orange Creates Business-Class Internet ServiceSeptember 22, 2014
New service offers high-performance, secure access to Internet-based cloud and web services.
- Comcast to FCC: We already face enough competition, so let us buy TWCSeptember 22, 2014“Perhaps you should switch to another cable company… oh, that’s right, we’re the only one in town.” Viacom Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler has made it clear he thinks there isn’ …
- Bigger is bigger: Apple sells record 10M iPhone 6, 6 Plus handsets in first weekend, sans ChinaSeptember 22, 2014Even without China, Apple set a new weekend sales record for its newest iPhones with 10 million handsets sold. Last year’s model hit 9 million in the first three days, showing… …
- WBA: 12 Carriers Deploying Hotspot 2.0September 22, 2014
Deployment of Next Generation Hotspot (NGH) and Passpoint network equipment and devices becoming increasingly mainstream.
- Cable's Great Debate: How to Split FunctionsSeptember 22, 2014
Distributed architecture promises to be one of the hottest topics at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2014, but not everyone agrees on the right way to carry it out.
- Alibaba raises over $21 billion, making it the biggest IPO ever in the USSeptember 19, 2014Charles Chan When Alibaba stopped trading its shares on Friday, the Chinese e-commerce company had officially logged the biggest Initial Public Offering (IPO) in US history, raising $21.8 billion in i …
- Comcast Eyes Augmented Reality Tech