As telecom carriers evolve, Carrier Evolution tracks the important developments in telecom and broadband which drive that evolution, including IP voice, unified communications, collaboration and consumer applications. Carrier Evolution offers original and curated content from external sources.
Carrier Evolution Feed
- Alabama Cable Operator Picks Arris CCAP Platform July 24, 2014
Arris’s E6000 Converged Edge Router (CER) will power enhanced voice, video, and data experiences.
- HP Looks to Conquer Carriers With NFVJuly 24, 2014
The company already servers carrier IT departments, but hopes network functions virtualization can drive onto carrier networks.
- Title II is the only path to net neutrality. Here’s why almost nobody thinks the FCC will take itJuly 24, 2014The entire debate over what to do about big broadband companies boils down to one phrase: Title II, which is the FCC’s only source of real power. Here’s an explanation of what it is and why insiders t …
- Facebook: 30% of Users Are Mobile-OnlyJuly 24, 2014
Almost a third of users access Facebook exclusively via mobile devices, while mobile ads now generate 62% of ad revenues, compared with zero two years ago.
- AT&T: Capex Freeze? What Capex Freeze?July 24, 2014
AT&T spends $6 billion on expanding its network in the second quarter.
- To TDS, TV Is a Gigabit Must-HaveJuly 23, 2014
TDS Telecom turns up its second gigabit market, emphasizing its IPTV offering as a critical part of the package.
- AT&T’s Q2: Hello, new smartphone subscribers; Goodbye, Cricket prepaid customersJuly 23, 2014AT&T set records when it came to attracting new and keeping old smartphone subscribers, but its prepaid business witnessed at mass exodus. After AT&T’s acquisition of Leap, Cricket customers are findi …
- IEEE Picks Up 25Gbit/s Ethernet CauseJuly 23, 2014
The IEEE starts a study group aiming to pursue a 25Gbit/s Ethernet standard for data centers.
- The FCC reminds ISPs they can’t mess with broadband without telling the consumerJuly 23, 2014Attention, ISPs who have vague terms of service or promise one thing and then fail to deliver: The FCC is keeping an eye on you. The FCC reminds ISPs they can’t mess with broadband without telling the …
- Comcast’s Internet for the poor too hard to sign up for, advocates sayJuly 23, 2014Comcast A California nonprofit says that a Comcast Internet service program for poor people is too difficult to sign up for, resulting in just 11 percent of eligible households in the state getting se …
- HP Looks to Conquer Carriers With NFV