As telecom carriers evolve, Carrier Evolution tracks the important developments in telecom and broadband which drive that evolution, including IP voice, unified communications, collaboration and consumer applications. Carrier Evolution offers original and curated content from external sources.
Carrier Evolution Feed
- Windstream Shakes Up Leadership Team December 16, 2014Late last week, Windstream got itself a new CEO. And yesterday, that new CEO continued the shakeup with a series of promotions, putting together his new leadership team. … [visit site to read more] …
- US Cellular Injects Analytics Into LTEDecember 16, 2014
US Cellular’s Mario Vela explains how the operator uses analytics for network planning and what comes next as the carrier looks to eke more value out of its metrics.
- Microsoft whips out real-time translator for Skype callsDecember 15, 2014Babel Fish in your ear not required Microsoft has rolled out a public preview of Skype Translator, its long-ballyhooed service that provides Star Trek–style real-time translation for voice calls and o …
- Nest Thermostat gets Google voice commands, Google Now integrationDecember 15, 2014Google bought Nest for $3.2 billion almost a year ago, and we’re now finally starting to see some Google/Nest integration. Droid Life spotted that the device’s long-promised Google Now integration is …
- How Cox Biz Plans to Keep GrowingDecember 15, 2014
Steve Rowley, SVP of Cox Business, details how the third-biggest US MSO intends to boost its revenues to $2 billion and beyond over the rest of the decade
- T-Mobile Lights Up 27 Wideband LTE CitiesDecember 15, 2014
T-Mobile meets its year-end goal of 27 wideband LTE markets with the addition of NYC and announces its next uncarrier shake-up is coming tomorrow.
- Google’s latest IoT standards push: “Open Web Of Things”December 15, 2014This article was authored by John C. Tanner, and was originally posted on telecomasia.net. Your new favorite Internet Of Things standards initiative: … [visit site to read more] …
- Gardner's Departure a Cautionary TaleDecember 12, 2014
Board of directors allegedly wanted faster pace of change from one of the telecom industry’s change pacesetters.
- How Cable Biz Services Hit $10B MarkDecember 12, 2014
Cable operators reached $10 billion in annual business services revenues by delving deeper into their vertical markets and expanding beyond the smallest firms.
- On Netflix, Open Caching, Fast Lanes, Definitions, and GoodwillDecember 12, 2014So yesterday Netflix came out in defense of its OpenConnect caching infrastructure, actually having to tell the FCC that the program isn’t a fast lane. The question had been posed by the FCC’s Ajit Pa …
- US Cellular Injects Analytics Into LTE