As telecom carriers evolve, Carrier Evolution tracks the important developments in telecom and broadband which drive that evolution, including IP voice, unified communications, collaboration and consumer applications. Carrier Evolution offers original and curated content from external sources.
Carrier Evolution Feed
- FCC accused of locking down Wi-Fi routers, but the truth is a bit murkier September 4, 2015The Federal Communications Commission is considering new restrictions that would make it harder for users to modify Wi-Fi routers, sparking controversy and an apparent misunderstanding over the FCC’s …
- Cash-happy BlackBerry slurps one-time rival Good for $425mSeptember 4, 2015Mobe-maker formerly known as RIM finds bundle of notes behind the sofa BlackBerry has dug deep into its lint-filled pockets to buy its one-time legal adversary Good Technology for a cash sum of $425m …
- Resetting the BundleSeptember 4, 2015
The pay-TV bundle isn’t really heading into a death spiral. Nor should it be.
- UC M&A: Momentum to Acquire AltevaSeptember 4, 2015Yesterday saw yet another piece of consolidation in the world of VoIP and unified communications. Alabama-based Momentum Telecom has entered into an agreement to acquire Alteva for $28.7M, or $4.70 p …
- 5 Signs OTT's Time Has ComeSeptember 3, 2015
This week’s OTT news says a lot about the future of TV.
- T-Mobile Adds Video Calling to RCS Line UpSeptember 3, 2015
Carrier has added video calling to its RCS suite, including LTE to WiFi handoff, on compatible handsets.
- Facebook sees over 1 billion people using the service in a single daySeptember 2, 2015Facebook reached a new milestone earlier this week as the social network saw one-seventh of the world’s population (aka 1 billion people) logged into the service in a single day. The… …
- Metaswitch Appoints New CEOSeptember 2, 2015
Metaswitch is bringing former Broadcom and Cadence executive Martin Lund in as its new CEO, to lead the company in the virtualization era. Former CEO John Lazar remains as board chairman.
- Comcast Puts a Price on Unlimited Data PlansSeptember 2, 2015
Comcast is testing an Unlimited Data Option that lets users avoid overage fees for an extra $30 per month.
- Verizon Creates Data Breach Prevention AppSeptember 2, 2015
Designed for Splunk analytics software, the new app puts the annual Data Breach Investigation Report into action for enterprises.
- Cash-happy BlackBerry slurps one-time rival Good for $425m