As telecom carriers evolve, Carrier Evolution tracks the important developments in telecom and broadband which drive that evolution, including IP voice, unified communications, collaboration and consumer applications. Carrier Evolution offers original and curated content from external sources.
Carrier Evolution Feed
- Comcast, Liberty Global Ink Big WiFi Pact September 11, 2014
Comcast and Liberty Global have signed a WiFi network-sharing agreement that will allow subscribers of each service to access the other’s WiFi hotspots for free.
- BitTorrent to ISPs: Pay us and our users to stay in the “slow lane”September 11, 2014Simon Forsyth BitTorrent, Inc. CEO Eric Klinker doesn’t want Internet service providers to charge Web services for prioritized access to consumers—”fast lanes” as described in the debate over proposed …
- Sprint Will Prune Products and Segments to Focus on Value, Price AttackSeptember 11, 2014Sprint likely is going to abandon some services or business segments, relatively quickly, as part of Sprint’s effort to supplant T-Mobile US as the price disruptor in the U.S. mobile market. “In times …
- Lessons learned from Microsoft’s pioneering—and standalone—smartwatchesSeptember 11, 2014Swatch’s Paparazzi. 6 more images in gallery One of the perceived problems with today’s crop of smartwatches is that in addition to being overpriced, battery hungry, and of limited utility, none of th …
- Gigabit Business Model Changed with "Neighborhood" ApproachSeptember 11, 2014There is one thing executives at Verizon Communications, AT&T and Google all seem to agree upon concerning gigabit networks that require fiber to the home networks: the business model varies neighborh …
- Verizon Plans Mobile TV Service in 2015September 11, 2014
CEO Lowell McAdam says the carrier will have a uniquely mobile video service in the first half of 2015 as it works out deals with major content providers.
- Qualcomm Paves Way for Sub-$100 4G PhonesSeptember 11, 2014
Qualcomm sparks up low-end LTE market with new chipset.
- Netflix “Chaos Commander” hiring “Chaos Engineers” to attack networkSeptember 11, 2014Netflix is hiring “Chaos Engineers” to launch assaults on its network and verify that Netflix’s systems can recover from failure without degrading customer experience. In a blog post last night titled …
- Small Cell Forum Lays Down the LawSeptember 11, 2014
Vodafone’s Dr. Alan Law shares his thoughts on rural areas, virtualization, multimode and more, ahead of taking over as chairman of the Forum on Oct. 1.
- IMS at the Heart of AT&T's Internet of ThingsSeptember 11, 2014
You remember IMS, right? Well it will help drive the connected car market and more.
- BitTorrent to ISPs: Pay us and our users to stay in the “slow lane”