As telecom carriers evolve, Carrier Evolution tracks the important developments in telecom and broadband which drive that evolution, including IP voice, unified communications, collaboration and consumer applications. Carrier Evolution offers original and curated content from external sources.
Carriers Offering Cloud Services: Survey Finds Link Between Sophisticated Cloud and Network Services
Carrier Evolution Feed
- LTE: A Race Nobody "Wins" November 24, 2014Some might argue it is a waste of much time to argue about which region or nation is “ahead” or “behind” on some measure of communications usage, performance or investment. The reason is that the metr …
- The mis-measure of NetflixNovember 23, 2014In Netflix’s subscription-based on-demand world, viewership is cumulative. Measuring it at any given point in time might give you a number, but that number has little correlation with the content’s va …
- U.S. Mobile Spectrum Prices Quadruple Since 2006November 22, 2014source: Wall Street Journal U.S. mobile spectrum prices have quadrupled since 2006, one sign of the growing need for mobile data resources. In 2006, prices were 56 cents per potential customer (MHzPop …
- “We are going to be sued.” FCC chairman speaks on net neutralityNovember 21, 2014FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler. Computer History Museum It won’t be a surprise if the Federal Communications Commission gets sued when it issues net neutrality rules. In fact, FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler expec …
- Cleveland Businesses to Get Fat PipeNovember 21, 2014
The city gets government funding to upgrade a municipal network to help support existing businesses and attract new ones.
- Hey US! Here Comes Tech MahindraNovember 21, 2014
Acquisition gives Indian network services and software giant a play in the North American market, and it’s banking on its software experience to make a difference.
- Last Chapter (11) for AereoNovember 21, 2014
Five months after halting operations, online video streaming company Aereo has now filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, seemingly putting its story to bed.
- Windstream Cuts 350 JobsNovember 21, 2014
Windstream makes changes to its workforce to improve its cost structure and operate more efficiently.
- Why Dish Network Wants Higher Spectrum Prices, in AWS AuctionNovember 20, 2014Typically, would-be acquirers of new mobile spectrum would prefer to pay lower prices. Sometimes, though, a bidder might actually act to increase overall prices. That appears to be the case for the on …
- Verizon Advances SDN Strategy With Bare-Metal BetNovember 20, 2014
The company is in the early days of significant proof-of-concept trials with Pica8 and Cumulus.
- The mis-measure of Netflix