ST. LOUIS, June 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Savvis, a CenturyLink company (NYSE: CTL) and global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises, today announced this year’s schedule of global data center expansions and grand openings.
The opening of new Savvis data centers in Singapore and London, combined with expansions of existing Savvis data centers in Santa Clara, Calif.; Washington, D.C.; Dallas; Weehawken, N.J.; and London, will increase the company’s global footprint in response to growing market demand for its enterprise cloud, managed hosting, network and colocation services.
Savvis now operates more than 50 data centers throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Approximately 220,000 square feet of new gross raised floor space is being created as a result of the seven-city expansion, bringing the total data center space available through Savvis to more than 2 million square feet.
“While enterprises focus on their core strengths, Savvis provides the IT infrastructure and services that sharpen their competitive edge in today’s demanding, ever-changing global marketplace,” said Brian Klingbeil, senior vice president, product, marketing and commercial development at Savvis. “We offer a high-quality, flexible IT infrastructure backed by a broad range of enterprise-class products, services, reliability and network expertise.”
Details on Savvis’ data center expansions are as follows:
- Santa Clara, Calif. – 36,000 square feet of new space, opened April 13
- Washington, D.C. – 45,000 square feet of new space, opened April 24
- Dallas – 51,000 square feet of new space, opened May 30
- London (LO3) – 11,000 square feet in a new data center, opening June 30
- Singapore – 32,000 square feet in a new data center, opening Aug. 1
- Weehawken, N.J. – 32,000 square feet of new space, opening Aug. 31
- London (LO6) – 12,000 square feet of new space, opening Oct. 1
The global data center news follows the recent Savvis announcement about the opening of its new German headquarters in Frankfurt.